Saturday, February 25, 2012

RED,E.P.S. and Vector power pedals

2012 SRAM RED
I have had two chances to look at the new Red, neither gave me the chance to shift or test ride. With a little luck I will have it set up on a bike in 2 weeks, I'll let you know how it goes. Looks cool and if the front shifting is improved this is going to be a great group!

New more powerful braking, cam action.


Front der is according to SRAM greatly improved! And it needed too be! Lets hope it is.

Redesigned shift ramps.

New shape and an allen wrench to adjust the reach on the double tap lever!

Chain catcher, may or may not need it.

Elastomer between the cassette rings help quiet down the chain noise

More cut outs and alloy cogs.

 CAMPAGNOLO EPS SUPER RECORD!
I did get the chance to ride this on a trainer, I know it not the same as on the road. It shifted great and had a "real" feel. I also went through the 3 1/2 hour training session. If I wasn't pumped up enough be I was afterwards. EPS offers so many fetchers that Di2 does not. The most impressive one is gear adjusting on the fly. If you have a wheel change during a event and your gears do not shift properly you can adjust them while your riding. .4mm at a time, fine tune it and never miss a beat! Also if for some reason your battery dies  or the cable is lost, you can manually shift the rear derailleur into any cog that you want. Just another nice little plus. It is a little pricey Record complete group will sell for around $4400.00 and Super Record for around $5200.00. But for people that want it the price won't matter!

You would think they would do a better job of wrapping the bar with everyone taking pictures and posting them on like?



The Battery and brains of the system
  Control center lights the way. You'll need to know your colors. If your color blind it could be ruff!

GARMIN VECTOR PEDALS
Yeah, Still dreaming about these, if they ever ship I think it will be a very popular power meter. But its still a BIG "IF". At least I got a chance to see them, talked with a rep that said he has been using them. But still some bugs in the system that need to be worked out.

No comments: