Sunday, June 13, 2010

Getting ready for France!

I leave for France on Thursday the 17th. The bike is set, Parlee Z4 a mix of SRAM Force, XX and Zipp drive train. With DT 240 hubs laced to DT 465 White rims. The big new addition is the SRAM XX rear derailleur and Cassette. Long cage der and a 11-36 cassette. That right a low gear of 34-36, super low. But I think that is what I'm going to need to get me butt up the French Pyrenees.

I have a nice little hill in Janesville that is about 1/2 a mile long with an grade of 12-15%. The final climb on Plateau de Beille is 10.3 miles with a grade or 8-12% and that starts at mile 68 of a 78 mile ride. With a little luck I will be able to complete the event and share some of the "fun" with you after I get back.
So check back after July 1st and hopefully I will have some great pictures and a good story or two.

No comments: