Saturday, February 06, 2010

A good month on the trainer.

For the first time in about 19 years I have ridden a trainer for a significant amount of time. Or at least what I think of as a significant amount. A little over 200 miles and 15 hours of trainer time.
The motivation is simple. 10 days of ridding in the Pyrenees Mountains.
That makes hoping on the trainer a little easier when there is light at the end of the tunnel! And you know that the tunnel is an 8% grade. So far its all going well I just keep telling myself that the more I ride now the less it will hurt in June. Still have a hard time staying on for more then an hour, but will try to up it a little. Don't think I could do 3 hours like Capn Cowbell did. But with a little determination I think I might be able to get in an hour and a half. All I can do is try.

No comments: