Monday, December 28, 2009

Trainer time?

Spent an hour on the trainer tonight. For me its more of a mental issue then a fitness (or lack of fitness) issue. I have never been one to set on a trainer for hours at a time. I remember when I first moved to Omaha and was staying with a friend. He and a few of his ridding partners would spend 3 or 4 hours a night on the trainer and rollers. So I guess that's why they were Cat. 2 on the road and semi-pro mountain bikers.

When I was in North Platte the winter was pretty mild and we would go MTB ridding almost every night, and a 2 hour road ride on the weekend.

Living up in the upper mid-west, plus having a family put a halt to night ridding and road rides on the weekend. So I guess I have come to the conclusion that if I want to ride better I'm going to need to put in the trainer time. I have all the bells and whistles for the task. Fluid trainer and power tap, just have a hard time with the motivation. Like last year I set up a motivational work out. My tour de trainer is a pretty simple idea. Divide the complete 2010 Tour de France in to a workout. A simple excel spread sheet, with lots of color and formulas. And hopefully with the up coming trip to France in June. That will also give me the motivation to stick to it. I guess time will tell how I do.
So to all of you that do have the mental toughness to set on a trainer for long stretches of time.
I salute you!

Please wish me luck.

Till next time, Peace and grease!

No comments: